Seminars at Virtual Crick
Boat Buying: starting out right
Buying your first boat can be daunting, but to help you, in this Seminar we explore:
- choosing the right boat for you
- different types and styles of inland boat
- what to look for when buying new or used.
We help you navigate some of the common pitfalls when buying boats, especially on used craft.
Designing a Boat
If you are lucky enough to be designing a new boat - or refitting an older boat, this seminar will give you:
- some top tips for interior and exterior design
- things to avoid
- a look at best practice tips.
Having reliable electrical power on a boat is essential. In this Seminar we:
- take a look through common electrical systems
- look at both DC and mains power
- show how you can design or adapt a system to give you best performance
- show how to ensure safety aboard.
How can we make inland boating more sustainable, with a much lower impact on the environment? This Seminar looks at
- some of the ways we can adapt how we use existing boats
- what the future might hold for inland boat design.
Having a boat as a home has never been more popular, but is it always plain sailing? In this Seminar we:
- look at what you need to consider if you think a life afloat is for you
- pose questions you will need to answer
- give you further sources of information.
Keeping a boat well-maintained is essential, for comfort aboard, reliability, value and above all, safety. We look at three key areas:
- The boat itself; the hull and superstructure needs regular care and attention. But there are many choices to be made. What works best for you?
- The engine and services need to function well, but not everything is obvious. Simple checks can keep problems at bay and minor alterations can make life a lot easier.
- Upgrades and other top tips to keep the rest of your boat in good order- and important safety considerations that you should always have in mind.
Selling your Boat
At some point, everyone needs to sell a boat - hopefully to then buy another! We look at:
- how to maximise the value of your craft
- the pros and cons of different ways of selling, from brokerage to online auctions.